Travel

Our Story

Gallery

Ceremony

Top reviews

Just Married

Is This Powder The Answer To Waterproofing Your Makeup?

- августа 20, 2019

Is there anything worse than heading to an outdoor bbq (or some other summer soiree) in the heat, only to find your makeup you worked so hard on, is starting to make streaks down your face?? It’s unfortunate but it happens – especially during these blazing hot summers here in Georgia.


As a makeup artist who works with many bridal parties and does many outdoor summer weddings here in the south, the fear of makeup sliding off your face is at the top of everyones list.  And it’s not even just the bride and bridesmaids worry. If you’re just attending an outdoor wedding you’re probably thinking the same thing!


But fear not my sweet friends. I’ve recently come across an easy to use product that can lessen this dreaded makeup fear.  Because let’s be real. The LAST thing you want to worry about is checking your makeup in the mirror every 30 minute to make sure it’s still on your face!


Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder will be your new best friend if you struggle with fading foundation!









Here’s a big important makeup tip 101 : If you want to help your foundation + concealer last longer, you gotta use some sort of setting powder.

So I purchased this Urban Decay waterproof setting powder, $34, after doing a poll on my Instagram stories to see if anyone had used it and if so, asked was it worth it or not.  The majority of women that had used it before (I think it was 65%?) said YES it works. Boom, decided to head to Ulta the next day to get it because I believe my beauty follower friends!!


The in-store waterproof test :  I took my daughter with me into Ulta to get the magical setting powder and I decided to first test it on my hand (because I’m kinda weird about trying any makeup samples other people have also been trying, on my face).


I swiped some foundation on the back of my hand first, let it dry for about 30 seconds then patted some of the setting powder of top of it to set it. I had Vivian take the squirt water bottle they had at their makeup remover station, and spray it on top of my hand. She loves when I let her be a part of the trying out process!  Then came the big test, I attempted to remove the makeup with a kleenex. I wasn’t aggressive and didn’t want to be unrealistic with trying to remove it, but I did pat and swipe a couple times. It stayed put.  It only slightly faded after Vivian insisted on continuing to drown my hand in water with the squirt bottle. Kids 😉


My pretty lip color is Milani Amore Shine gloss in “Delight.”

The details of this setting powder : The great thing about this powder is that it absorbs shine, has a matte finish, and doesn’t feel heavy and cakey. It is described as translucent (only comes in this shade) and says that it works on a wide range of skin tones. I found this description a bit odd, because it def doesn’t LOOK translucent and does have a tad bit of color IMO.


Now I haven’t tried it on anyone that is super dark skinned OR super fair so I can’t say that it truly does work for ALL skin tones just yet.  However I have used it on a few recent bridal parties with women my coloring and with medium -olive skin tones and it works just great for those. A little goes a long way so you don’t have to super pack it on.


How I apply it : It doesn’t come with a powder puff or anything so I have been using the flatter powder brush from the Sephora Crystal 5 brush collection, $45, (shown above) to pat it into my skin. Remember, a pressing and patting motion is best for longevity and have it soak in as opposed to just swiping the powder across your foundation. If you are in need of a face and eyes brush collection, I like this one because it includes the necessities AND it’s in a really pretty box! Plus at $45 for the set, you’re getting each brush for only 9 bucks and that’s really good.  It has a a short bristled foundation brush, a powder brush, slanted blush brush (the best shape), and two eye shadow brushes for all over and your crease.



I apply my blush and highlighter AFTER I use this powder on top of my foundation and concealer just FYI.



Final thoughts : I have found it definitely improves the longevity of my foundation for sure. I don’t have oily skin or a huge issue with major makeup meltdowns like some do, but I find it certainly helps more than if I don’t use it!! And with the brides I have used it on for their trial runs and day of wedding, they have all been very happy with how their makeup has stayed put this summer.


I’m curious, how do you waterproof your makeup? Do you use a setting powder, makeup setting spray? Share in the comment section with me! 


Also, if you haven’t listened to the latest episode on my Pretty Powerful podcast, you’ll want to check it out because it’s short and sweet and all about the 8 hot mascaras everyone is talking about!  And I know if you’re reading my blog, you probably already wear mascara and might just be ready to try out a new tube, so check out my recommendations by listening here on your drive to Target or Ulta….






You may also like


Let's block ads! (Why?)

Вам также может понравиться

0 Коментарии