Travel

Our Story

Gallery

Ceremony

Top reviews

Just Married

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 589

- августа 10, 2019

beauty begins coco chanel quote
We’re going to have a great week, my friend.

So…what is the Monday Poll?


Excellent question! It isn’t, contrary to its name, an actual poll, like with little clicky buttons. It’s just a list of five more or less random questions I’ve been posting on this blog every Monday morning for the past quadrillion years (since 2007). I love reading your answers, and it helps me get my week off to a good start.

    1. Navy or nude nails?


    Navy! I’m ready for dark fall nails.


    2. Things that make you happy?


    Oh, where do I start?


    • When people show up on time — not too early, not too late. Just on time.

    • Perfectly executed thin crust margherita pizza (with a flavorful crust and sauce, of course)

    • Cute, comfy shoes with good arch support that don’t hurt my feet

    • Bras that don’t slip off my shoulders and that don’t have a weird gap in the cups!

    3. Things that help you feel centered?


    Working out. Writing lists. Reading (or listening to an audiobook) every day. Stretching.


    4. Your latest and greatest find?


    The Honest Beauty Liquid Lipsticks. They’re super pretty (the shade called Happiness is my fave), hydrating, and they don’t give me cat butt lips.


    5. Matching lids and lips: thoughts?


    DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! And while you’re at it, might as well add matching blush for a full-on monochromatic makeup look.

Flip it and reverse it


Hiya and happy Monday! ❤️


Can I show you something?


crazy jcrew shoes
Shoes by J. Crew. (Found ’em at Nordstrom Rack!)

Aren’t these shoes the wackiest? They’re absolutely bonkers, and I LOVE THEM.


I found them at Nordstrom Rack last weekend while I was there looking for clothes to wear to a meeting I have with a beauty brand later this week (more on this soon).


I went clothes shopping because — kid you not — everything I own is hella old and has been “baby-ized,” meaning that it exhibits some combination of stains, rips and holes.


Funny thing is, even though the shoes spoke to me and they’re totally my style, I kept thinking of all the “professional lady work wear” (air quotes) outfits I looked up on Pinterest and Instagram beforehand, so I nixed them because I thought they might be too weird…even though I loved them.


I sent a quick text to my friend Jen from the store to see what she thought, and she thought the striped cuties were the best fit for my personality. Then she gently reminded me that I work in a creative profession in the Bay Area, so hopefully have a little leeway to dress somewhat casual, if not wacky.


That was the push I needed! So I got them. 😊


karen crazy jcrew shoes
Paige Denim jeans and J. Crew top

Anyway, this incident with the shoes got me thinking about how we are so quick to compare ourselves to others, aren’t we? It’s so easy to do, especially with the time we spend seeing the curated, filtered versions of other people’s lives online. I catch myself going there more often than I care to admit…


So this week I’m going to practice *not* comparing myself to others, and as soon as I catch myself doing it, I’m going flip it and reverse it à la Missy Elliot, ha ha ha!



What are you working on this week to make you a better version of yourself? I constantly remind myself that, even if it’s something small, as long as you’re moving forward in some way, YOU’RE MOVING FORWARD.


Have a beautiful Monday. 🌻


Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,


Karen


P.S. Question time! Here they are to copy/paste with your answers in a comment. Talk to ya soon!


1. Navy or nude nails?
2. Things that make you happy?
3. Something that helps you feel centered?
4. Your latest and greatest find?
5. Matching lids and lips: thoughts?


P.P.S. Have an epic rest of your week! 😊


Let's block ads! (Why?)

Вам также может понравиться

0 Коментарии