Travel

Our Story

Gallery

Ceremony

Top reviews

Just Married

How to Use Bronzer

- августа 09, 2019

Bronzer is not one-size-fits-all and not all bronzers are created equal. Some people use bronzers to “contour” and others use it give themselves an all over tan. Neither are ideal uses so I thought I’d just stop ya right there and tell you how to use bronzer. Once and for frickin all!





What is bronzer for?





Bronzer is to add warmth to the skin.
If you want to contour, use a contour powder.
If you want a contour powder, use this one. Don’t mess around.





When do you use bronzer?





  • When you feel like your skin is looking dull or unhealthy
  • To bridge the gap between a foundation that might be a a tad too light
  • To transition into fall/winter if you have a fading tan.
  • I like to use bronzer as a blush when someone has naturally rosy cheeks already or even rosacea




Where do you apply bronzer?





I apply bronzer on the higher points of the face, where the sun would hit you first. The easiest way to remember is this:





Think of 2 big C shapes on either side of your face, extending around the hairline, temples and cheekbones.





Actually, make a big C shape with your left and right hands and place them on either side of your face, connecting your pointer fingers. Bam. There ya go.





PRO TIP My favorite thing to do is to apply bronzer in the crease of the eye.





Clockwise from top: Urban Decay Beached Bronzer-Sunkissed, Thrive Causemetics Sun Chaser Bronzing Powder-Rhea, Physican’s Formula Butter Bronzer




How do you choose a bronzer?





As you can see above, even though all 3 products are considered bronzers, they are very different colors.





If I could impress one thing upon you, it’s this:





go with your undertone





As a strong yellow undertone, because I want my bronzer to look the most natural, I choose a yellow-based bronzer.





Because I have so very little pink/red in my skin naturally, when I choose a red-based bronzer, it looks super fake and unnatural.









Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Sunkissed is so pink that I actually use it as blush and never bronzer. If you’re a very pink undertone, you may find this is a nice bronzer/blush that looks quite natural.









Thrive Causemetics Bronzing Powder in Rhea and Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer are both neutral-leaning yellow so they work on pink and yellow undertones alike.









Shady Biz, the color pictured above, is described as “light with warm undertones”, which is perfect since that’s exactly how I’d describe my skin tone. Choose this if you also have true yellow undertones.





Fenty Beauty Sun Stalk’r-Shady Biz




I’m really impressed with Fenty for launching not just a light, medium and deep but 8 different bronzers with various undertones and depths.👏👏👏
You’re sure to find a shade in their range if nothing else.





What is the best brush to apply bronzer?





I often see brushes labeled as “bronzer” that I would never use for applying bronzer. This is because they are too dense and round and far better suited to foundation application.









I like a large fan brush or something fluffier for a more diffused application. Above are a few good options.





I hope you’re feeling better equipped to bronze now. With a the right product, brush and a light hand, I think you’ll find that bronzer gives you a fresh, healthy, just from the outdoors look.










Let's block ads! (Why?)

Вам также может понравиться

0 Коментарии