Travel

Our Story

Gallery

Ceremony

Top reviews

Just Married

HOW LONG SHOULD I ALLOW FOR HAIR AND MAKEUP ON MY WEDDING DAY

- августа 28, 2019

















It’s a question that’s not often asked by brides and I’ve began to realise why.  It’s easy to underestimate just how long it takes to do bridal makeup and hair and do it to a high standard so that you look gorgeous on the day and well into the evening in other words so that it lasts!  After all who doesn’t want to be a stunning bride!  From all the trials I’ve done each bride has genuinely been surprised at the length of time it’s taken to complete their makeup, hair or both.   And yes, trials take longer, because we will talk in great detail about your likes and dislikes.  Nevertheless, often brides don’t take into account the time required to prepare hair properly before any styling begins or factor in any time to prepare their skin before applying the makeup.  Why is this?  Maybe it’s because when we do our own makeup or hair it’s done in 15 / 20 minutes?  A quick bun and a simple eye, a bit of lippy and out the door… right? 





I can probably do my own makeup in 20 minutes and I don’t wear any eye makeup apart from a little mascara and a bit of eyeliner, sadly with blepharitis (a chronic eye condition) I’m restricted to what I can wear so that helps with my timing.  I also don’t bother with any highlighter creams or powders on my cheekbones or do my eyebrows and definitely no individual eyelashes for me.  No bronzing etc  we are talking minimal makeup here.  Would you want that sort of make up for your wedding day, would it last all day and night, will it photograph well?  The odds are that it won’t. 



In a recent blog https://marichase.com/natural-elegance I talked about all the products that I used to prepare the skin before applying any makeup.  I also mentioned applying individual eyelashes, I use individual cluster eyelashes at various lengths to create shape, add a lift and really enhance the eyes so they stand out even if you don’t want to wear much in the way of eyeshadow, your eyes will still look beautiful in all of your photographs.  And your skin will look flawless and stay perfect all day and night.  





A simple eye (pictured above) with individual eyelashes will not take 10 minutes, your bridal makeup will not be done in 30 minutes (unless you want a rushed job).  When thinking about your makeup / hair or both please don’t compare how you would do it to that of a professional artist.  It’s like comparing a photograph you took with your mobile to one a professional photographer took.  You just can’t compare the two.  



On your wedding day if you want to look stunning, your absolute best self and all your bridesmaids and mum too you should allow at least 45 minutes per service per person for your bridal party and for a natural makeup look at least an hour for the bride. (read my blog natural elegance).  To perfect your beautifully intricate makeup design and for a more glamorous look you can expect an hour and a half. 


Having a simple eye or a more natural makeup look does not necessarily mean less time, unless you have flawless skin with no imperfections at all, no colour correcting requirements and no need for any individual eyelashes, it still takes time and skill to create a naturally beautiful bridal look and that (amongst other things) is what you are paying for. 





My love for makeup started with a love and passion for painting and drawing portraits at school!  I have an understanding of what is required for your makeup to look beautiful in photographs, I’ve also trained in photographic makeup as well as a beauty therapist.  I know how to enhance your best features and using the right techniques and the right colour you will look the best polished version of yourself on a day that you will look back on in years to come… please, please don’t ask me to make short cuts to what I love doing the most; which is simply to make you look beautiful, to bring about a confidence like no other and for you to be absolutely thrilled with how you look on what is such a special day for you and all your family and friends. 


As always, if you have any questions or want to know more please get in touch using the contact form.  


Mari x












Let's block ads! (Why?)

Вам также может понравиться

0 Коментарии