Travel

Our Story

Gallery

Ceremony

Top reviews

Just Married

How I Manage My Smart Home with Alexa

- августа 27, 2019

Trust me ladies, when they say it takes a village to raise a baby- they are right. And in my case, handling a start-up, running the house, managing a blog and being a new mom- I think it takes atleast 2 villages and my Amazon Echo Dot. So my two villages comprises of my mom, mom in law, husband, nanny, dad, and brother all of who take turns to babysit. But my real Santa’s little helper is my Amazon Echo Dot, that lets me function even when I have my hands full. I can let Alexa be the wizard in my life as she lets me voice control everything in the house!



My Echo Dot works seamlessly with smart lights, smart plugs, smart appliances and so much more. Right from playing the night time lullaby for Nirvaan (“Alexa, play the cuppycake song”), to helping me do things when I am feeding my newborn and my hands are tied (“Alexa, play Narcos on Netflix”) to reminding me when I have certain startup tasks I need to complete (“Alexa, remind me to call candidate 1 at 2 pm”) – I literally cannot function without my Echo Dot. My other favourite thing about it is that I can call whoever I want to hands free – and trust me, with a baby and a startup, your hands are always busy with something. So when something urgent comes up- like the first photo of Priyanka and Nick Jonas’s wedding which NEEDS to go on Instagram, and I am stuck managing diapers and feeds, I just say – “Alexa, call Akanksha” who answers me through her Echo Device and carries on the work.



My husband loves it for different reasons of course – He sits in one place and asks Alexa to control the room temperature (which we can never agree on), give her fancy instructions to play with the lighting. He has even set up ‘Routines’ to make movie night fun. All I hear is “Alexa, movie night!” and she switches on the TV, dims the lights and turns on the AC simultaneously. Besides this, anytime we argue over some fact he will always turn to the Echo Dot to prove he is right. I think the last thing we asked Alexa to settle between us was who won the last season of Masterchef Australia. Ofcourse, I was right – it was infact Diana Chan.



Overall, I love my little Amazon Echo Dot for making me much more productive, and giving me a bit of a breather in between all the madness.









Let's block ads! (Why?)

Вам также может понравиться

0 Коментарии